Monday, January 12, 2015

Deri is Baaaaaaack!

Ha Ha! I knew it! I knew it!
He was ordered back by the "Council of Torah Sages"!
Is this some sort of cruel joke?
Woe to us! Woe to our Torah! Woe to our Torah Sages!

Just 13 days after he resigned from his Knesset seat and said he was quitting political life, Shas Chairman Arye Deri announced on Monday that he was returning to lead the party into the upcoming elections.
“I accept with humility and a bowed head the order of the Council of Torah Sages headed by council president Maran Rabbi Shalom Cohen,” said Deri in reference to a letter sent to Deri by Cohen yesterday telling him he must return to lead Shas.
“I was raised and educated all my life to adhere to the instructions of our rabbis, and therefore after a difficult period in which I conducted a personal and familial accounting of myself in which I weighed various considerations, I decided that the Shas movement, the movement of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, and hundreds of thousands of voters are more important than any other consideration,” he continued in a statement issued by his office to the press.
“With head raised,proudly and determinedly, I will continue to lead the movement in order to continue the life’s work of Maran [Rabbi Yosef] and to be there for all those who the state has left behind.”
Deri resigned from the Knesset on December 30 following the airing of a damaging video in which the late spiritual leader of the Shas movement Rabbi Ovadia Yosef said that Deri was “too independent,” did not listen to instructions given to him by the rabbi and called him a “bad person.”
Although he resigned his Knesset seat, Deri never resigned as chairman of the Shas movement which gave him an avenue to promptly retract his retreat from political life.
Criticism was already being voiced of Deri’s actions as insincere when he gave an interview at the beginning of last week to Channel 2 saying that he was “reconsidering” his decision to quit politics.

No comments: