Monday, December 5, 2011

85 year old Granny,4' 9" and 110 Pounds, stripped searched by TSA!


85 year old grandmother, Lenore Zimmerman is planning to sue the TSA Agents of the JFK Airport after undergoing a humiliating stripped search on Tuesday.

Zimmerman said she was on her way to  catch a flight destined for Fort Lauderdale when some security officers at the airport whisked her away to a private room then began to take off her clothes.
“I walk with a walker — I really look like a terrorist?” she said sarcastically. “I’m tiny. I weigh 110 pounds, 107 without clothes, and I was strip-searched.” “I was outraged,” said Zimmerman.

All this happened after Zimmerman requested to forego the advanced image technology screening equipment, because she fears it might interfere with her defibrillator.

“My sock was soaked with blood,” she said. “I was bleeding like a pig.”
She said despite her age, the TSA agents showed no signs of sympathy throughout her ordeal. Instead, they proceeded to pull down her pants and asked her to raise her arms.
However, TSA spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein said review of the closed circuit TV footage from the airport shows “proper procedures were followed,” in how the agents dealt with Lenore Zimmerman.
“Our screening procedures are conducted in a manner designed to treat all passengers with dignity, respect and courtesy,” Farbstein continued.
Zimmerman who missed her flight because of the ordeal, had to be treated by medics, and given a tetanus shot for fear of infection from the walker wound.

No comments: